Danube Waltz on Viking Vilhjalm
Passau to Budapest
Explore four of Europe’s most enchanting countries along the storied Danube River; Austria, Germany, Hungary and Slovakia. See the range of architectural wonders in Budapest and Bratislava, sail through the spectacular Wachau Valley, and take a tour of the 900-year-old baroque Benedictine abbey at Melk on this amazing 8-day itinerary.
Admire the Wachau Valley’s beauty from your Viking Longship....
Throughout our decades of sailing the world’s great rivers, Viking has repeatedly reinvented the European river cruise vessel. By continuously building upon our tradition of innovation we have set industry standards and delighted our guests. And with the introduction of the Viking Longships, we have done it all over again. These revolutionary sister ships are part of our award-winning European fleet, and deliver a consistent onboard experience no matter which great European rivers they sail.
Revolutionary in concept and design, the Aquavit Terrace is a glorious outdoor seating area at the bow of the ship where you can have a casual meal al fresco, meet friends for drinks or read a book, all while enjoying breathtaking views and basking in the fresh air.
In many ways the Observation Lounge & Aquavit Terrace are the heart of the ship. This is where friends meet for a drink or snack, where lectures and movie nights take place, and it is also where a very special Viking Longship feature takes place. When the weather is fine, watch as the glass walls of the lounge roll silently away to form an indoor-outdoor space where you can enjoy your favorite beverage, a perfectly grilled steak, your traveling companions and the fresh afternoon breeze all at the same time.
The Restaurant is where all meals are served during your cruise. Because it features panoramic windows, you will not miss any of the scenery while you are dining. It seats all guests at tables which vary in size, accommodating 6, 8 or 10 guests per table. The dining room is open seating, so you are free to sit where you like, a great way to make new friends. The atmosphere is casual but elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware.
95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40" flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Since its first sailings along Russia’s waterways nearly 20 years ago, Viking® has reinvented river cruising. Today, Viking invites guests to sample the rich cultures and fine wines and cuisine along Europe’s great rivers—all aboard the continent’s most comfortable, state-of-the-art ships—and the storied rivers of China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. The innovative Viking Longships® are the most award-winning vessels on Europe ...